Thursday, June 20, 2013

Resonate Poem: Vanguard group 2013

Day old dollar bag of delicious pastries,
crumbles with each bite,
dusting my legs with cream-colored powder.

Seeing my home through new eyes,
the colors, the food,
the sexuality bookstore categories.

Quoting Rilke in the sun,
hearing future dreams
rekindles my hope for what's next.

Eye contact,
kind words,
earnest questions.

I'm right here with you,
struggling to understand why I have a bed,
and my brothers and sisters don't have a place to lay their heads.
More alike to the Son of Man than I.
I'm a bird with a nest.

There is abundance.
Pupusas, sandwiches and sweets gifted.
I'm a bird of the air, a lily of the field.

This city is God's blessing and heartache.
Smokey dog greets us,
after picking up dozens of old cigarette butts.

Sunshine keeps us warm, breeze cools us down.
Sitting just a bit longer in the grass.
"the Lord gives his Beloved[s] rest."

Walking and learning
with and from you -
thanks for this gift.

No comments: